Originally Posted by ribka
I was raised Catholic, left the faith when I became an adult.

I have a few close Mormon friends. Ive read most of the books criticizing the Mormon faith. "Under the Banner of Heaven", "No Man knows My history" and others. The Mormon faith now is constantly ridiculed and attacked by our progressive secular culture. Its no more quirky or provable than Jewish, Christian or Muslin religion. I used to be on the anti Mormon bandwagon until I had the opportunity to spend time and work with them.

May take away is this: Ive always been treated great by Mormons, They came to my Mom's house and cleaned up her yard( 8 hours) when my Dad was dying from dementia and wouldnt, take a cent from my Mom , they value family hard work, education and are typically very conservative voters. I like em and good on them for making money. Phuggin the pope, Imans, Rabbis and Joel Osteen can rake in tax free millions by fraud and doing nothing.

Yes and as the world becomes more polarized --- the larger this Church will grow. Its world wide and growth rates are higher outside the US.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old