Ok, I bought VXR 3-9X40 w/illuminated dot. The CDS card had already been used and the dot looked like a cross between a rectangle and the letter Z. Since I don't shoot at game over 400yds I decided to have the turret taken off and just have a regular cap re-installed. I told them to please fix the dot and please take off the turret and just replace the dummy cap. He told me the scope would go thru regular protocol and if anything was out of sorts that it would be addressed. He then told me that the turret issue would not be addressed because the shop that took care of such was closed and would not reopen for quite some time. I became somewhat incensed as I explained to him the turret could easily be removed and couldn't they just please remove it and put the dummy cap back on. I then got the feeling that neither of my problems would be addressed. It's not enough that I spent my own money to send it in but the fact that you never know who's working in what part of the company. I don't know guys, I'm just tired of the whole Leupold ball of wax. If anyone knows how to remove the turret and has a spare cap...please let me know. powdr

P.S. I'll admit I had to repent a little after the call but that smug son of a gun pushed my button.