BSA1917hunter: Its not that I "hate" savage Rifles its more that they are clunky, ill designed, ugly, garrish and don't re-sell near as well (quickly!) as other brands!
The entire "line" of savage Rifles (including centerfires as well as rimfires!) have NO interests from me.
PERIOD!
Never have, and I assume, they never will.
Indeed though I have shot a number of savage rimfires that shot quite well, indeed.
I have never denied that.
Nothing accuracy wise that would drag me away from my two Remington 541-T's, or my Kimber 82-G, or my Remington 40-X, or my Ruger American Varmints, or my Kimber H/S (Hunter/Silhouette), or my Winchester 75 Targets, or my Browning T-Bolt, or my Ruger 77/22's, or my Sako P-94S and a few others!
You see "life" is simply to short to Hunt/shoot/plink with an ugly, obtrusive, clunky, poorly designed Rifle (savages!)!
Oh and this - and I am not being critical, as I very much enjoy all of your recent posts showing the targets/accuracy of your Rifles but YOU never mention at what distance said targets are shot at?
It would inform/interest me much more if you would include or clarify at what distance they are shot at.
Long live the Ruger American line!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy