Dats som funny chit right down there vvvvvvvvvvvv

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Johnny Loco: In response to your latest post - I think YOU do not understand that a nifty Leupold 3x9 variable scope will do ANYTHING your fixed 2.5 power or 4 power scope will - and the 3x9 will provide for some things your 2.5 fixed WILL simply NOT DO!
Let me give you another "gunshow" example of how slow fixed power (6 power or less!) scopes move on the open/used market.
I attended the Livingston, Montana gunshow on Friday February 7th.
I again was the first person through the door that Friday afternoon and it was pretty well attended.
About 2 hours into my perusal of that smallish gunshow I re-looked at a new style Weaver fixed power scope. I had originally thought it was a 4 power scope but it turned out to be a mint condition 6 power scope.
I paid the tableholder what he wanted for it $15.00 (fifteen dollars!) - now I know at least 100 "visitors" had looked at that scope prior to my buying it and probably 50 table holders had looked at it before I did and NONE wanted it!
I bought it because one of my Ground Squirrel Hunting partners is putting together a Gopher Rifle for his new to the game grandson.
I fully plan on "giving" that perfectly fine but not so desirable nowadays scope to the grandson.
If you wish to "stick" with the old technology I say GO FOR IT!
Just don't try to convince those of us that wish to do otherwise that YOUR way is best - its not!
Been there done that - for 6 decades now (since I was 12).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy