Originally Posted by flintlocke
Why are you not a christian? Well it isn't atheists who: practice shunning, conduct witch trials, engaged in 250 years of the crusades, over 200 years of the spanish inquisition, the endless wars of eastern europe, wars with the Ottomans, the conversion, rape, slavery and robbery of central and south america, oh, and let us not forget africa. Quite a track record for christianity eh?

I’d like to see some of the christian apologists address flintlocke’s thoughts; I have often wondered the same things myself. I know Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, et al were bad, but since the dawn of civilization, the good christians have been right alongside of them in terms of the death and destruction, misery and suffering they have inflicted on others, all in the name of “god.”

If “god” is out there he is a hell of a lousy parent/creator. Why create something and watch it go into the shatter. Would you stand there and watch one of your kids shoot his brother or sister, or beat them to death, or set them on fire, or chop their head off? Would you stand there and watch some pathetic loser walk through a school building, shooting your precious little creations to death by the dozen?? “God” does it every day. And when someone asks why, we are told that “god” works in mysterious ways; that we mere humans cannot understand “‘god’’s plan.” Don’t give me that crap. That what christians say because they have no idea why, and it makes no sense to them either.

Last edited by MMM; 02/22/20.