Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

What we are seeing in our general area is quite a growth in the smaller non-denominational churches that are Bible based and without all of the “social issues, du jour’ if you know what I’m implying here.

I was born, baptized, confirmed and married as an Episcopalian. That denomination today bears no resemblance whatsoever to its past and it’s damned sad. They (the so called, leadership) go whichever way that the social wind blows. Your points are well made and taken.

I still tithe and support our small Church because it is in the Traditional Style and only because of that. Our Minister is one of the hardest working ones that I’ve ever witnessed. Of course, that could change next week.

As you say, Amigo,,,,the writing is on the wall. I see no return to what was the past.

I am assured the evolution of the church(s) is no new phenomenon. Those in charge of collecting profits have been inclined to alter "The Message" so that it encompasses an ever larger congregation all the time. We have 2000 years of recorded history demonstrating just this.

Constantine is but one example. Priests and rulers have always rewritten doctrine in such a way as to gain power and money.

Some would call it, “A Changing Church for a Changing World “. Now ain’t that accommodation for ya !

I seem to recall something about ‘the same today, yesterday and forever, unchanging ‘. Appears that it sort of slid off of the table.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.