Originally Posted by JoeBob
It’s been here for months already. Apparently, Atlanta has had some especially bad cases of flu this year. Atlanta with just about the busiest airport in the world would be a place you would expect it to be. I suspect that lots of those flu cases from earlier in the year were something else.

Either way, this is t something that is going to be “contained”. Everyone will get it. For some it will be bad. For most it won’t be. Just like the common cold and or flu...at just a higher rate of serious complications. But not serious enough that everyone should hide out for weeks or months at a time...as if that would do any good anyway.
If you really knew something, your commentary would be worthwhile, but the first part of the point, negates the second.

Saying that its been here already could be true, but probably isn't. The part unsaid about not really knowing is salient. How bad it will be for 1st world citizens with better healthcare systems and ostensibly, in better shape than malnourished Chinese, is unknown. There are a lot of unknowns. For instance, your assertion that people should just get it and get it over with is blatantly stupid. From my limited understanding, once you've had the flu, you are pretty much immune to it until it morphs into something else. I don't know about colds-one is the Rhinovirus which seems to only be something you're immune to for a limited amount of time. There has been talk of this being like the latter, in which case, getting it is of no long-term benefit. In fact, if you were to get it over and over and over it would probably just break you down.

You justify the government's flippant or possibly more sinister response in actually bringing patients here as well as not shutting down ALL travel between China and here. You seem to love to throw something radical out and then defend it a little bit and leave.