Originally Posted by mike7mm08
Smith did me a real good one. Several years back they had a promotion going on new revolvers. Within x amount of time after purchase they would do a factory cleaning and inspection. It was a 686 that frankly got the crap pounded out if it. Well I got home one day to find a blue plastic box on my back porch. With a shipping label on it and the box was open. Fortunately must of just popped open when delivery monkey dropped it.

How nice lets ship a revolver in a factory box untaped and not require signature. Got better. Open up the box. No grips on the gun no screws in the sideplate. Took nearly a month of screw around before they admitted that they somehow made a mistake. Sent me a label to send it back,took them about a month to put some screws in the side plate and grips on it. Shipped back in a plain cardboard box over the factory case and signature required.

Smith did me something similar. I had a new M24-3 .44 Special that spit lead badly. New gun, spitting lead like a Thompson SMG. I sent it back to them to fix. They sent it back, and UPS left it on my porch, unsigned-for. And it wasn't fixed, it came back worse, AND the cylinder would turn backwards if you tried to DA it slowly. I traded it off for a nice autoloader. It wasn't the first N-frame that gave me fits, but it was the last one.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.