Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
WDH,
Every single person posting in this thread enjoys following the race, except you. So just go away. Regardless of what you may think if me, I could really care less Youre about as Alaskan as Paris Hilton.

I use dogs to save on fuel. You need to get out. Take a break from REI. While others are using machines, I'm turning people food waste, butcher's fat and meat scraps, fish and beaver carcasses into thousands of miles of travel. Native schools all over alaska are tring to introduce children back to mushing.

In kotz, I only fed sheefish, old seal oil and whale fat into fuel for caribou hunting by dog team. Dry kibble was too much money.

Oh you care. Enough so to edit the post and add to it. Anyways that’s cool you play with dogs and pretend it’s a livelihood and such. But it has nothing to do with the Iditarod and the fact is interest has faded in such a large number that the race is going away. You can blame PETA all you want. The sponsors dropping out realize their ROI isn’t there anymore. That is why they are done with it. The cruelty to dogs sounds like a good reason but isn’t it.

Caribou hunting by dog sled team sounds interesting. Did you get upset when the locals buzz by ya with their iron dogs?

Last edited by WDH; 03/18/20. Reason: Spelling