cumminscowboy: Are those Fiocchis .38s? How do you like that Skinner sight, they look interesting? Whatever I end up with will certain get slicked up. & I don’t have any experience with big loops as I’ve only used standards in the past. A buddy has a ported Marlin .45-70.

tikkanut: Thanks for posting that photo again and that new ’07 looks great. Do you prefer the octagon or round barrel?

winchester70: Thanks. I guess I never really thought about it, but your explanation about barrels longer than 16” certainly makes sense and I agree that light and quick are qualities I’m looking for in a lever. The 16” Marlin 1894S I found may have been cut down, but I suspect it’s a factory 16.”

Bugger: Thanks. I didn’t realize there was a long case issue with the Marlins. Would there be a problem with hardcast reloads, or can the case length be adjusted during the reloading process? (I'm a novice reloader).

Last edited by High_Noon; 03/22/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue