Much appreciated Doc, and much anticipated. Getting info from the "source" that is.

Loved you numbered lists of items. Easy, even for the non-scientifically trained to absorb I hope.

First list comments:

1, 50 years of underfunding by Congress, the we taxpayers elect (in theory?) Until the American public accepts having to fund "public health" by paying taxes, that situation might not change. Perhaps this crisis will spark a change?

4. See 1. above. Funding, and in the case of education, perhaps a change in culture as to what is important, really important in education. A return perhaps to the three R's along with some more emphasis on STEM?

7. Absolutely right, it sells ad time on the nightly news. I wonder what the ratings have been recently for the alphabet networks, up a bit I'd hazard a guess. However, this crisis is also being capitalized on by the non-mainstream media in attempts to get folks to go along with their viewpoints..........both side of the issue that is.

Second list comments:

Doc, gee that whole list sounds a lot like.....science, that which so many do not understand due to # 4 in your first list, as you so rightly stated.

#5 on you second list is very interesting. I wonder if these same therapies that show promise might work on the "common cold". Seems in my readings here lately, some of the controversy on use of the chloroquines is the possible damage from side effects. Apparently, at least according to one knowledgeable source here, most of those harmful effects are from long term use, not really an issue for getting over a cold faster. Maybe those therapies might work on other viruses too, even though not very similar to the Coronas?

Excellent post Doc, and quite timely too, before this place goes full "retard".

As others have said, stay safe and keep us informed when you have a chance.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?