Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by TRexF16
How about a how-to reference for this salt bath annealing? Sounds similar to "niter bluing" of small steel parts.
Thanks,
Rex
EDIT - never mind...
Salt Bath Annealing
Second edit: Which led me to:
AMP's response
Interesting stuff. Makes me wonder if my candle method execution is doing it right. Anybody know if such rigorous testing as AMP did has been done on candle annealed cases? I thrust MD's lessons so I'm not worried about it, just curious.

The AMP machine is awesome and for the most part works as advertised, that said their response to salt bath is total bull schitt propaganda. They were threatened by a $100 device that worked as well as their $1500 device. They would have you believe that your brass could never be annealed unless you buy from them.

That's an interesting response, but for it to be true the AMP folks would have to actually be falsifying their independent lab analysis of the actual softening that occurred in the subject brass. Is that what you are saying they did - published falsified results? Just curious, as a sort of a scientific type I can't see any other way to take that.
Thanks,
Rex