Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Did you make that? Any hints or guidance for us to do the same?

There's a link in his post.

Well I'll be dipped in she-ite. Right you are. How'd I miss that?
Thanks,
Rex

OK, I made myself one too. Used some sash cord for the wick. Works like a champ with DNA. Way hotter than a candle and absolutely no soot at all. Just did 60 .243 cases.
Now, I find that with this method I do not get much, if any, of the discoloration to the brass that I see with more "controlled" (for lack of a better term) methods. And while I may be a wimp, though I don't think so, I am pretty sure I am getting them plenty hot. I have a friend who is a pretty advanced F-class shooter and he has an AMP machine and anneals his cases every reloading. He calls me a masochist for using a method that basic say to do a thing until it hurts so bad you can't do it any more, then do the same thing a few dozen more times in a row.
I think he might be right...LOL.

Do others who use the candle / DNA lamp method see those distinctive color variations like we see in GI or Lapua factory brass? I don't.

Thanks,
Rex

Your friend makes a very valid assessment.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.