Almost wandered off the Glock reservation a while back and really considered getting the Ruger Baby 9. Just so much easier. Then the carjacking crap, and the black gangs talking about busting up on white folk, then the antifa........Changed my direction. It's not slick as a Kimber but I've carried and shot my pre-Gen model 23 since the early 1990s. As others have said you have an extra mag onboard. For everyday I generally don't carry an extra mag but have one or two 15 rounders in my console. So my concept of an EDC hasn't changed. It has however changed items. Now for some times, doing church security for example when we actually had church, I went to a G17 and an extra mag. So my daily is now either a G23 or G17 with between 0 and 2 extra mags. As someone else mentioned I really shoot single action hammer guns better than striker fired. So now after I get a couple of hundred rounds out of it, I may go to an old school but immaculate alloy frame 5903 S&W I bought over a year ago and just had too much else going on to get accustomed enough to it to carry. Adjustable rear sight with ears and all. Cool 9mm.

So anyway my EDC concept has been expanded but to all similar sized guns. I'd much rather do that and work around the concealment issue than go to a smaller pistol with less capacity. As I mulled over this one day it occurred to me no one I'm aware of who actually had to participate in a shoot out has said anything to the effect, "Wow, wish I'd brought a smaller gun".

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."