No change for the main carry gun here...have been carrying a Colt Commander in .38 Super daily since 1980 and a standard GM .45 before that for 4 years. If I wanted to carry a "modern" gun it would be a G19. About the same size and weight but with a few more rounds... The last ten years I did LE work and the five years after when I did PI work, I carried a S&W 6906...again about the same size and weight as the other two...

Just have always believed in carrying a gun that would take care of 99% of the situations which I saw while in LE and read about in books and magazines.

One thing that changed about 10 years ago was starting to carry a backup gun. While I always carried one while in LE (when authorized) never carried one off-duty. After testing everything from NAA Mini-Revolvers to snubbies settled on a Kahr P380. Fits my hand well, great trigger pull, excellent sights, locked breech design and sits flat in a pocket... And when that is even too big a KelTec P32 can be hidden almsot anywhere...

I prefer to learn from the mistakes and successes of others...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....