Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by TWR
MM, if I remember right, I thought the low shots were from sitting position. I actually didn't go check em till all shots were fired but I told my buddy I was pretty sure I kept dropping off the target from sitting position. Something about getting as comfortable as you can and knowing you're not on target but shooting anyway cause you know it's not gonna get any better...

Prone however was pretty solid when I switched to a 40 round mag for the extra height. Standing was just pressing the trigger as the dot started across the target. I have lot's of work to do.

I hear ya. Offhand at 200 yards was always where I dropped most points on the USMC rifle requal range, where distances were 200, 300, and 500 yards.

Just like you, I would try to let the round fly as the front sight was crossing the black of the target.

Actually a multi time national champion in high-power that I've only managed to beat once in my life, shoots offhand just like that. On the move. A controlled move, and you just learn the timing, pull here so by the time brain, finger, and bullet hits target its in the middle. Only thing you have to know there is only pull going in, NEVER pull once in or going out... lol.

There are so many variations to sitting and kneeling, folks get tied up trying to do it "right". Learn to make the position work for YOU... however you hold and work it out, as long as it works, throw the learning books out the window on that one.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....