Originally Posted by jimmyp

shot at him or shot him 40-60 times? I cannot imagine a human body taking 40 rounds from an AR15 and still being functional. On the other hand I have no idea what a 62 grain gtip is, on the other other hand I have killed several deer and pigs with a 5.56 gun with one shot, one buck was in full rut chasing a doe, shot in the shoulder with a 62 grain TSX ran 25 yards and fell. Can you post up the link to that meth head story? If your 62 grain gtip is a 62 grain gold dot, aka 62 grain fusion and he was still breathing air after being hit 40 times, that is kind of wild I would figure after about 20 hits in various limbs, chest, stomach that it would be hard to be holding the pieces together, let alone be sucking wind.

Don’t let not knowing what something is at all, keep you from being an expert on it.....or attempting to be sarcastic about something you’re intentionally misinterpreting. If you’ll notice, punctuation and words mean things. Watch for commas and question marks. I’m glad you you seem to be furthering your education, though.

I don’t remember how many times they actually hit him with whole bullets, just the steel penetrator noses, just the jacket, just the lead base plug, pieces of glass, pieces of car, but it was far more than should have been needed. I don’t know which rounds hit sheet metal, glass, engine, tires, air, grass, meat....first. ....also don’t recall when in this sequence the officer got hit....beginning, middle, end. There was a lawsuit over excessive force, based on number of wounds. It’s been some years back. Don’t see anything on actual shooting specifics of it to let you read or watch a made for TV movie about it, either. There’s been more than enough people and vehicles shot up with penetrator, mil issue rounds, to confirm what is what. Point is: FMJ/mil issu rounds aren’t the most effective incapacitators in 223/5.56, and they often over penetrate, for typical home defense/LE use. Expanding options are better. A dude that grew up wing shooting, upland hunting, dog deer hunting, shot SC tournaments, AND learns the long rifle, carbine, and/or pistol as well as his granddaddy’s shotgun, will probably be even better with EVERYTHING, than the shooter that stopped at birds and bird guns. It’s a great base, but why stop there and think it’s all that’s ever needed?

https://www.waff.com/story/29861483/police-release-new-details-related-to-arab-officer-shooting

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 04/23/20.