Originally Posted by TWR
I shoot with both eyes open too but this occluded shooting where you close the cover of the scope or red dot is to prove a point, you don't need to look through the optic to hit at least up close. The Binden aiming concept Trijicon pushes is about the same thing.

I've shot my VX6 1-6 with the cover closed and the fire dot on just like a red dot up close but if you get past 20 yards or so, you'll do much better with the cover open and using the Binden Aiming Concept. The bright dot is the key, it automatically superimposes itself on what you're looking at.

In the dark my Accupower 1-4's work about the same but in daylight, you begin to understand the importance of a daylight bright dot.

Fairly sure that I could have both caps closed and no dot and do ok to about 20. Just superimpose the black scope objective on the target.

Finally took. both front and rear sight off a ruger 22, to show my wife that up close aim and squeeze, while admirable and all and which should let training take over, as the bear gets closer you need to do more if it hasn't stopped yet. Get more lead in the air so to speak, now is NOT the time to aim and squeeze.. thats why you have a 15 round mag plus 1 in the chamber on your 10mm....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....