Originally Posted by Jeffrey

My G3 is the Bay 18 DLX. Of course it’s aluminum, but I wouldn’t call it a flat bottom and definitely not a deep V. My boat sees a lot of chop, and it certainly is rougher than a heavy fiberglass deep-v, but with the boat trimmed right and keeping the speed reasonable it does just fine. But I’m 33. I might think differently if I was a little older.

I'm 62 now and not wouldn't appreciate a rough water ride. On the other hand, I'd not likely be too adventurous in rough weather anyway.

I have leaned towards crestliner V-hulls for a long time.My buddy who owns one loves his and it's his second.
Trouble is that I have heard and seen enough in printed articles and online reviews that leads me to believe that at least some years/models of Crestliners have had failure issues with the transoms.
That and some detailed first hand advice from another poster here about his Crestliner with the same issue tells me that the issue is real.

Which affordable mass manufacturer makes a roomy, wide, welded and bomb-proof V-hull?

"Chances Will Be Taken"