justin10mm: What model sander is that DeWalt?

Stickfight: Yes indeed. Extremely helpful, thanks, you Basterd. eek

OldmanoftheSea: Thanks – great idea. My Bud in OR knows someone with a giant planer and is going to try and take the slab to him. I’ll still need to finish sand or plane as it will come to me rough – about the equivalent of 120 grit, I think. The slab measurements were listed in my initial post: ~ 40"x25"x2."

Sitka: Good point. Yep – no hurry w/ this project. & duly noted on the BLO – I mainly use it for axe hafts.

johnn: I was planning on looking into router boxes a bit more. Good advice on the router bits.

huntsman22: Not a bad idea.

Heym: Excellent point, but I’m afraid it won’t work. All ‘fire threads end up there at some point.

Orion2000: Will try to have my OR Bud get it planed on his end prior to shipping. The Easy Button is good.

mart: Thankyousir. I'll definitely look for instructional videos on the interwebs - good idea. & Yes, I realize that sharpening is a big part of planning and although I have a good set of stones, I’ll need to invest in a jig and either a few more stones, or the sandpaper, as you suggested. So, if you were just starting w/ planes and could only afford 2 Stanleys, which would you choose and why?

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/05/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue