Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Baffles my mind that places like Japan, Australia, and Thailand got it early, but the outbreaks were minor. Then places Italy,Spain, NY get hammered. It just make sense with the current narrative. Why was Seattle able to contain it better than NY. The only thing that makes sense is different strains, one weaker, one stronger or it's temp sensitive.

Or it could be due to pols like De Blasio urging citizens to attend public functions and the theaters. Or the mayor of Florence Italy urging Italians to hug the Chinese to prove they weren't racist.

There is a bug out there that has very similar symptoms to Covid 19. My wife has it now, and was tested on Tuesday and placed on quarantine by the Covid 19 response team and the county health authorities.
She is still ill, but got results of her final test back today. Negative on Covid 19. They also tested her for Influenza A&B and she got negative results for those the same day as the test.

I don't think it's any great mystery. There's always some minor bug out there that has symptoms similar to the real bad actors. And even a relatively minor bug can take you out if you have medical/immunological issues. Guys wanna believe they had Covid 19, I got no problem with that. Lot's of doctors and medical facilities are blaming deaths and illnesses on Covid 19 that were never really diagnosed that way.

The director of the local Covid 19 response team called us with her results. We asked him if he had any idea what kind of bug she had. He had no idea, but said that reports were common of an apparently viral bug that was hanging on and causing symptoms for up to a month, for some. They've done hundreds of tests now in our county (Edit; Every person tested had symptoms common to C19) and the only positive tests have been for residents of other areas. The next county over has a couple of dozen positive cases and one confirmed C19 related death.

Last edited by johnw; 04/09/20.

"Chances Will Be Taken"