Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Last year in late winter I got sick. I was dehydrated and ran a fever, so my wife took me to the local ER. They put me on an IV and did about every test possible. My fever went down, and the IV rehydrated me. Tests came back negative for the seasonal flu. A nurse told me that it was going around, some kind of bug. Several of the hospital staff had been infected with it. They got me back on my feet, and I went home the same day. Today they would say I have Covid 19.

The only "they" that would say so would be libs trying to promote a leftist agenda. If the facts didn't fit their agenda they'd skew them and use them anyway.

C19 is a specific pathogen that has been identified and which is testable for. Hundreds have been ill in our area with symptoms identical to C19, but only a very few have tested positive for the specific pathogen. Those .who are ill but tested negative forC19 were also tested for Influenza A&B, with mixed results. My wife tested negative for all 3, but was and still is ill with fever, aches, and chest congestion. A guy from our church tested negative for C19 but positive for Influenza B.

C19 is a virus. You had a viral illness. If the illness you suffered was from C19 it can be detected by lab test. Short of that anything that you might claim is speculation.

I got a buddy who was sick for a few weeks before Christmas. Intelligent guy, but claims to be pretty sure that he had C19. Has not been tested or seen by any medical professional since becoming ill and recovering. He claims that the bug that got him couldn't have been a common cold because it was "different", and kicked his ass.
He doesn't even hear me when I explain that hundreds are getting their asses handed to them by a "different" bug, and still testing negative for C19, Influenza A, and Inf B.

So...

Carry on. You had this Corona bug. Yes?

Are those the 70% failure rate tests?