Jim, you're doing the right thing. I bet mom is proud she brought up such a good son.

My mom is 86, cancer survivor, and alone after dad died last August. She's from up around your parts in Northern MN. She has kidney issues and some other things going on. If she caught this thing, well, it wouldn't be good. She's been locked down going on 27 days. Groceries come in via a shopper. Literally no one has come through the door in all that time. I can see it's taking a toll mentally. I try to get over there every day. If we have to talk through the front window, so be it. Usually we put a couple lawn chairs 15 feet or so apart and talk in the yard. I make sure I call her every day; my sister does too. My other brother only calls when he wants something. Talking to and seeing people is the best thing for her...I bet you mom too!

Re: the Lidocaine rinse. I had the same thing last year for some intense throat pain with strep/cough. Some of that stuff mixed with water numbed the area and the pain. It also has it's downside in that it numbs your throat and swallowing or knowing when to swallow, which was problematic. I only used it once. It's Rx, so please ask a doc first.

The hotdish made me smile. Only in MN and ND. Hope it had tator-tots in it! Good luck friend.

cf

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin