Originally Posted by irfubar
I haven't seen the series yet. I will check it out.

I was in Billings during the Freemen stand off in Jordan, Mt, what a clusterfug.

The ATF , FBI learned a lesson from Waco and didn't try the same heavy handed tactics against the Freemen. Janet Reno and the Clintons were out of control and running amuck at the time......

The funniest thing I remember from it was the reporters complaining about the accommodations in Jordan, they were hating life... hahahaha

I believe a car load of reporters skidded off a snowy road and crashed, several hurt and If I remember correct someone died I believe? They were headed to Lincoln to cover the capture of Uni-bomber.
Good times ... LOL

I lived up there when things started getting sporty.

Moved away before the standoff.

Person that was killed was an FBI agent that had recently come into the country from the upper midwest, I believe. Was driving fast on the Brusett road and I think a washboard section. Went off the road, rolled, got ejected through a fence.

A friend came found him. Was in tough shape and fairly apparent he wasn't going to make it.

A lot of reporter types slid off and got stuck. Got to the point where locals got hired just to drive reporters etc around. The local garage made a killing getting outfits unstuck and the bars made out like no tomorrow.

Montana MOFO