Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Shoot Viki Weaver through the head while she is holding a baby in her living room...... that is not sniping, that is murder.

A bad deal, but people forget their son Sam was the first to be shot when the family dog sniffed out the agents hiding in the weeds. If I remember correctly the agents shot the dog when it started barking and Sam shot off a round and ran back to the house. Didn't make it, shot in the back and died while his parents watched, not able to help.

I was glad to see the WACO series preface the whole story with the telling of Ruby Ridge.

That scene with Vicki Weaver laying on the cabin floor was chilling.

From what I read in after action reporting, the snipers were originally targeting Kevin Harris but at the shot he either moved or Vicky stumbled in front of him. Sucked either way. To add to the media hype at the time, the camera angles they had of Randy W. during the trial showed him as being "taller", more imposing. A few years after it was all over, I was flying down to SLC from Kalispell and Randy Weaver was on the flight. If anything he looked about as imposing as Barney Fife. The whole thing had obviously taken a horrendous toll on the man.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton