Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by irfubar
I haven't seen the series yet. I will check it out.

I was in Billings during the Freemen stand off in Jordan, Mt, what a clusterfug.

The ATF , FBI learned a lesson from Waco and didn't try the same heavy handed tactics against the Freemen. Janet Reno and the Clintons were out of control and running amuck at the time......

The funniest thing I remember from it was the reporters complaining about the accommodations in Jordan, they were hating life... hahahaha

I believe a car load of reporters skidded off a snowy road and crashed, several hurt and If I remember correct someone died I believe? They were headed to Lincoln to cover the capture of Uni-bomber.
Good times ... LOL

[Linked Image]

An FBI agent did die in the Freeman standoff, but drinking and driving was the cause.

No it was not caused by d&d.

Guy rolled his outfit early that morning when he was driving out to start work. Maybe he was manning the road block? That I do not know.

I believe it was a patch of washboard road that got the better of him driving too fast. Buddy came across the wreck as he was out making the rounds checking on things on his farm.

Don't believe he had been onsite for long. My recollection is that he had just cycled in from Iowa or MN maybe.

Montana MOFO