Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Watched it last night. I was very surprised that they cast FBI and ATF leadership in such unfavorable light. Lots of pandering for political gain, human lives be damned, let alone justice.

Did the video of the initial assault ever come to light?

Somebody should have been jailed for suppression/destruction of evidence if not.

This program portrayed Lon Horiuchi at Waco begging for the chance to murder again. That SOB should have been hung for Vicki Weaver. Failing successful prosecution, he certainly should have been removed from the FBI for his murderous mindset.

I was amused at the scene when Koresh was able to determine the legality of a handgun purchase, and if it came from a gun show, just by observing an "altered trigger".

I also noticed that the film portrayed no automatic weapons in the hands of the Davidians. Am I correct that they never found any illegal weapons in the compound after it burned?

And there was something about an NFA item was legal in Texas with a $25 license? I did not really catch the reference, but I assume it was another faux pas on the part of the film makers.

I don't know about after it burned but photos of "assault" type rifles in their armaments taken prior to the raid showed some with ATF legal (at the time) "HellFire" bump-fire trigger gizmos. Also, as I recall, some practice "Dummy" hand grenades, too.