Until MILES58 came along, I was thinking "what a fossilized old man" I am. I started in 1966 with a shared Herters press and scale, a pound of 4831 that came in a paper bag from an old guy that said he was a gunsmith, 30-06 RCBS dies and some miscellaneous bullets, including some Herters banana-waist bullets in 30 cal. Thanks, Miles, I'm feeling nostalgic and grateful for those early experiences you have also shared with us.

Ah, yes, progress. The graduation to a Rockchucker and the discovery of 4350 were additional MILEStones, and then the wheels came off my dreams of reloading to save money. My second rifle was a project, consisting of a wildcat cartridge that P O Ackley said was wonderful, a lovely G33-40 Mauser action and a 25 cal. Douglas barrel. I should have heeded the warning horn at that point.

So the first reloading setup led to an exciting pursuit of improvement, maybe even seeking excellence, and LOTS of shooting. It has been an adventure and a great learning process. What fun!

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.