KYHillChick was looking for a Christmas present for me in 2000. I'd been toying with the idea for years, and finally asked the fellows on shooters.com what their recommendations were. I took the mainstream advice and ordered the RCBS Rockchucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit from Natchez Shooting Supply. This was the best deal at the time, and the last time I checked it still was.

Original RCBS die sets:

44 Magnum
357 Magnum
45 ACP
30-06
223 Rem

I'd been saving my brass since Reagan's first term. I had piles of it. Powder, bullets, primers and a good deal of the rest of it came from RELO, a LGS just up the road. It had a monster reloading section. It closed down a year or so later. I still miss that place.

My first load was a complete disaster. I tried to do 44 Mag and I was under the impression that one needed to run the expander die all the way into the case. The results were crooked and grotesque. I took them up to the LGS; there was a guy there that was sort of tutoring me. He took one look at the rounds and burst out laughing. I still have them on the shelf as a reminder. I also still have bullets left from RELO. They sold bullets by the pound.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer