Jdb: I posted here recently about installing a "JARD" trigger in a friends Ruger 77/17 HMR.
It cost $95.00 and because I did not have a particular special articulating (?) hex-head allen wrench I had to call on my local gunsmith to install it ($40.00).
The trigger turned the normal crisp but heavy (86 ounce!) Ruger 77/17 HMR trigger into a wonderful 36 ounce thing of beauty.
If I change the trigger on my Ruger 77/17 Hornet and if (I think they do?) JARD makes a trigger for the 77/17 Hornet I will do that next winter.
I have installed 12 or 14 "Volquartsen" trigger sear and trigger spring kits in various Ruger 77/17 HMR's and Ruger 77/22 LR's over the last decade - but sadly Volquartsen quit making this wonderful and affordable kit for the Ruger 77/17 HMR's and Ruger 77/22 LR's!
I don't know why.
When I started buying these Volquartsen kits they were like $22.00! They went up over the years to about $32.00 (IIRC).
I highly recommend the JARD trigger/trigger sear/trigger spring kits - the results in my "one of" experience was/is wonderful.
If you could find a Volquartsen "kit" around somewhere I also highly recommend those.
No other experiences from me with other brands of triggers.
Best of luck to you with whichever you choose.
Let me know - please.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy