Originally Posted by VernAK
We have the same issue here with local producers. Unless the burger is cooked/burned to "well", I can't eat it. A local restaurant serves it in their burgers so I have to order a chicken sandwich.
This "grass fed " label is a marketing stunt. What the hell do the other cows eat?......sawdust? A few years ago, we had a f___ton of moose meat to process so we took the burger to a local shop
with a great reputation and they took the liberty of grinding 10% of their local beef fat into our burger. They ruined several hundred pounds of good moose meat.

Local farmers grow barley successfully.....is that good for fattening a beef and if so, how long should they be on the barley? No corn here and very little oats.

Sawdust ? Yes ! And chicken chit too. I can’t remember the portioning but my friend owned a dairy and sawdust and chicken chit was a good portion of the feed. He also had a supply of bread trimmings from the bread plant. I think using chicken chit got banned but as far as I know sawdust is still part of the mix. He sold out to a developer and got out of the business.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !