If I have an existing barrel,who's History is known to me and there are no red flags,it's ALWAYS the barrel I wanna punch out. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I'd much rather that approach,because I essentially get a free Test Drive,to have a feel for fouling,stringing and the like. New barrels,no matter the particulars,are always an unknown. Within that spectrum,there are obviously some higher percentages,that are easy to play,but KNOWING will reliably trump guessing. Hint.

I've punched ALOTTA barrels out,chopped ALOTTA barrels,reduced contour on ALOTTA barrels and fluted ALOTTA barrels and never with a regret. Those being barrels I've shot in the firsthand,from inception and altered after the fact. With a SALAMI '250 in 8" RPM or better...I'd send it to Kali and let The Kid work his literal Magic. Hint.

What rifle/twist on the existing '250? 75's have long been Amazin' and they keep getting better. Few things have made me cringe,like the announcement that the .224" 75 'Max was on the chopping block,with the ELD laying in wait. The ELD is certainly more Slickery and only got better. Hint.

I'd not shoot a Deer with a .224" of any flavor.

LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."