True on all accounts.

Just discussing here...

Where dipass huntz is incorrect is declaring that the USPS can not ask or inspect. He is not correct. That is actually a job function that they are tasked with, prohibiting unmailable items. They can inspect and they can determine if it's collectable baseball bat vs a firearm.

A firearm is restricted (or is the term regulated) , it is not classified as HAZARDOUS mail. Is it potentially hazardous? Phucqking yes, if it is loaded. There's nothing hard about compliance, it's easy and lawful. No reason to be a damned idiot about stuff.

In the OP's case, put the brother's info to and from, prelabled done deal. But, I wonder about, because he is no mailing it.

Any heartache will have to be addressed later. Cheers.

Originally Posted by mrchongo
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
If asked by a postal employee if it is a firearm the correct answer is yes. Don't be a dumbass. They are entitled to inspect it to assure it meets the regulations, long gun, unloaded, no ammo.

If you create the label on the USPS web site, you must check the certification checkbox that states that your shipment is in compliance with pertinent postal regs. Therefore, when you hand the package to the USPS clerk “for acceptance”, you need not discuss what’s in the package. If, on the other hand, you just tape an address label on the box and tell the clerk you want to purchase and ship Priority Mail, the clerk must ask you a series of questions to arrive at the same certification that YOU CAN DO WITH A STINKIN’ CHECKBOX ONLINE! So print label online, hand the box to the clerk, and say, “Just dropping off today, Could I have an acceptance receipt Please?”

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Can he mail it without being there? I don't know. Interesting question. Pre-labled with his info and you are just dropping it off? I'd do it.

Every Priority Mail shipment must have a “valid return address.” Personally, I’d use the Web site and fill in the brother’s address for both destination and return address, then select “shipping from a different zip code,” and enter the zip code of the sending post office. That may or may not work, but it’s worth a try.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?