Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by KenMi
Yes, you can ship an item to yourself from one residence to another. He can be the shipper and receiver.

Pretty hard to ship from yourself when you are in another state...

Really?

Yes.

I’d think these rules would hinge on a legal definition of shipper.

Is the shipper the person or entity who arranges for the shipment, or he who pays for shipping or he who is listed as the shipper on shipping documents?

Is the shipper simply the owner ?

Under the UCC the “shipper” is a person that enters into a contract of transportation with a carrier..

In the case of shipping a firearm without an FFL must the consignor also be the consignee, must the consignee also be the shipper, must the consignor be the consignee and the shipper?

According to the USPS is the mailer equivalent to shipper?

USPS:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_009.htm

ATF:
May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.

The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonlicensee-ship-firearm-through-us-postal-service

You can google-fu all you want.

I'm just trying to help the OP with his question.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house