Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
If asked by a postal employee if it is a firearm the correct answer is yes. Don't be a dumbass. They are entitled to inspect it to assure it meets the regulations, long gun, unloaded, no ammo.

Can he mail it without being there? I don't know. Interesting question. Pre-labled with his info and you are just dropping it off? I'd do it.

The correct answer is none of your fugging biz.They cannot open to check out what it is.They will ask if it is" liquid,flammable or batteries."Also you do not need to lie about what it is because if it is not one of the things they mentioned,you don`t have to tell them.

They certainly can ask what it is and can certainly have you open it to determine whether it meets the legal requirements for acceptance. As has been pointed out, you may declare it does in writing if they allow you the option. . Don't for a moment think postal inspectors cannot open anything. Gezus you are not well informed about this stuff.

Yah, tell them it's none of their phucqking business. LOL It is exactly their business. Chongo lay's it out plainly.

It's not an issue at our post office because they are well enough informed....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?