Had a window of opportunity to shoot again today. And I know where my front and rear bags are, but chose not to take the time to dig them out, as it would have eaten up my time window.

But I did make some changes. I determined over the weekend that both the small and large apertures on the mag-pul sight hit to the same elevation. My shooting on the weekend was done with the large aperture as it afforded a brighter sight picture. And out to 50 yards I shoot about equally well with either.

I found today that the smaller aperture does tighten me up a bit at 100 yards. And it kept all my shots on paper at 200.

I also used a jacket on the shooting table to pad my elbows. This also helped tighten me up a bit, but I offset that by shooting 10 round groups. The wind was also quite playful today, and I'll use it as a partial excuse for a few of the wilder shots.

Today I used a 6" black Shoot-N-C on the white back of the same targets I used on the weekend. They did improve target visibility somewhat, but I'd do better with a 9" target, or maybe larger yet, particularly at 200.

I did snap a couple of pics and will post them before bedtime...

"Chances Will Be Taken"