Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

3" groups with a rifle like that is for damn sure nothing to write home about. Most of us here know the m193 ammo is garbage. Or for better use of terms, "fu cking chidt"... If you are going to continue to use it and shoot your 6" groups, you'll likely not get any useful help from anyone here.

How many of us have to tell you this before you start believing us?

Actually a 3" group with that ammo should probably be considered excellent. It's design spec calls for all impacts to be within a 2" radius of POA.

And I'm quite happy with the performance from it that I'm getting. Several responded with quite apt and helpful advice to my request for group diagnosis. My technique has improved accordingly. And my groups have, and continue to improve.
Am I gonna shoot MOA or even sub 2" with it? If I do, I'll crow a little, but neither MOA or accuracy bragging rights are my goal.

Like I said, Several have responded with helpful advice. Even some of your advice has been very helpful.
My thanks to all.

Am I ever gonna shoot like I did when I was 23?
Reason says not. And the details of that are boring, but now that I've got this carbine, I'm enjoying using it

You arent shooting 3" groups, from what im seeing. Your target at 100 yards is clearly 6" at best. You'd also have to shoot multiple 10 shot groups and get an average, to really evaluate the situation. Im laughing here because you want us to evaluate your groups, but you refuse to use better ammo and want to argue the fact that the majority of us are saying that ammo is garbage. When i take ammo, put it in any of my ar's and im shooting 3"+ groups at 100, its plain and simple chidt ammo. Im talking me and my ammo personally, because i know what my rifles can do on a daily basis. Again, if you arent going to switch to a better ammo, proven optic, stable rest and good shooter, we cant be much help to you. You havent proven to me that you are even a capable shooter, so where to start? If you had an ar that you could prove to us that you know what you are doing, IE: shoot consistent sub moa groups, we would know you arent the problem. How are you with other iron sighted ar's? Ar's, even with iron sights, can be deadly accurate, with the right load and shooter. Listen to guys like rost, formid, montanamarine and others that have far more trigger time in, with the ar platform, than i do and if you do some of the things that were suggested, maybe then you'll get it figured out. And remember, the title of your thread is "diagnose this group". I think thats what most of us here are doing, but you need to get the idea out of your head that the ammo you are using is good chidt, because it isnt.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA