I was turning onto the highway one evening at dusk and spied a whole set of tools that somebody had lost off their truck, evidently, just laying beside the road. I live about two and a half miles from where Klein Tools had a plant, and these were mostly Klein's, probably made right there. Socket set, wrenches, adjustable wrench and a bunch of misc. stuff. Figured there was a good chance the guy would come back for it, but it was right by the highway and there was a much better chance the next guy that came along would grab it, so suddenly I had another set of tools. I waited around for awhile before doing anything with them in case somebody came asking. I think I told my cousin, a local farmer with a big mouth, about it and there was still nothing.

A few years before that, my Dad lost his top tray to his toolbox when he left it laying on the heavy squared bumper of his two-ton truck. Went in the four and a half miles to town where he'd been having a tire worked on and it wasn't anywhere to be seen on the highway nor at the tire place. Most of his tools were in the top tray too, as if he was working on something, he'd tend to lay more in there than would even fit if you closed the lid. Lots of American made stuff, mostly Craftsman, that he'd had ever since I could remember.

So tools do show up.