My dad had his first heart attack in February 1975. His health was never the same but he liked to be doing something so he got a job being a janitor. It wasn't truck driving but it was the best he could do.

I was in the garden hoeing between some corn rows. It had been a wet spring and when the sun came out it made the clay soil hard as a rock. He was on his way to work and he walked out to the garden and saw me hoeing the ground. He said, "you have to keep oxygen to those roots if you want them to grow" and "I'm going to work, see you later". He went to his car and I saw him drive by the garden and I thought to myself "I sure hope so". It was June 13th 1976. He had his second heart attack as he was waking up the morning of June 14th. He was talking to mom still in bed when it hit him. He was one day short of his 52nd birthday.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.