Your posts here have been very interesting, some are fittingly humorous and many are elevating and inspiring. Thanks for your sharing.

Some men believe that they had the very best dad possible - I like to hear that, and certainly feel that way about my father. He was a great man - wise, very strong physically and mentally, gentle ad loving with us, tough as an anvil, an outstanding athlete, very competitive and very loyal. He was a true Christian man and lived life that way. My mother felt so blessed to have him as her own, and the years have showed me why.

Dad fought some serious illnesses between the ages 65 and 69 and I was with him often during that period. He was battling stage 4 melanoma when I flew across the US to visit him during the first week of Feb.1986, Although he was much weakened and in pain, it was a wonderful visit. I barely left his room there at home and we were able to reminisce and discuss many meaningful things in our lives. One thing very much on his mind was to make certain that mother received something very special from him on Valentine's Day. My siblings and I arranged for that. I do not know his last utterance because, after a lovely good bye talk, I flew back West to another reality. He died within a week in the care of my mother. That was many years ago and that experience during his final days caused me to become a more thoughtful and better man - not does a single day pass that I do not think of him and remember his wisdom and love.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron