Originally Posted by bruinruin
My dad is still alive. He'll turn 80 on August 14th of this year. He's the youngest of 3 remaining children of a brood of 9. He's a lifelong tobacco user and his lungs sound like chitt, but he's still sharp and somewhat active, and not afraid to turn a wrench or dig a post hole, but it would take him longer than it would have even just 5 years ago. He's a good man and I've told him so, telling him that he's my hero, but he's too humble to really accept the title.

He buried his second wife almost 2 years ago and he's been sort of drifting ever since. Sold his home and bought a used RV and planning to bounce around between staying with one of his kids or step-kids.

Anyway, thanks to the OP for the thread, (sobering as it is) because it gave me the nudge I needed to call my Dad yesterday evening after weeks of meaning to do so, only to put it off to another day.

Good Boy Scot, enjoy the old timer while you can.

A couple months ago one of the guys I work with was complaining about something stupid his dad spent some money on, When it was my turn to talk I just said, I sure wish my dad was still around to bitch about, he turned and walked away.

Two hours later he came up to me and said, Your right, Thanks Paul.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla