Originally Posted by cra1948
I thought this thread would be about a backup AR from Palmetto State Armory.

Lolol....I thought the same thing. I just got another PSA lower for a backup to my backup AR and thought some other great minds had done the same. 😂.....nope, just a thread about spare tires. 😁. I keep Slime and/or a can of Fix-A-Flat and a compressor onboard all of my rigs. I’ve had great results with both. I don’t mess with the ridiculous spare tires, cheap jacks or the Chinese puzzle of unlocking them.

Several years ago my buddy and I did a suicide run to Neah Bay leaving my house early. We got to the boat launch and realized I had a flat in the truck. It was early Sunday morning and nothing was open on the Makah Indian reservation so we had to wait until the grocery store opened. We fixed the flat with Slime and small compressor that was part of the kit. I drove on those tires for another 2 years until I bought new tires.

I was towing the boat 2 weeks ago and got a flat in my Suburban. I used the can of Fix-A-Flat and the same little 12V compressor I bought at Neah Bay years ago. The tire held and this time instead of testing fate I took it to Les Schwab for a brake job and new tires.

I also have AAA RV plus for my wife, son and myself. I am double covered as far as the boat trailers and travel trailers go since BoatUSA and AAA cover the roadside assistance of my trailers too.

If I’m going into the back, back, backwoods or anywhere where a flat tire could mean serious trouble I’ll lash a full sized spare onto the roof rack and bring my floor jack and jack stands.....being prepared for the worst means that I won’t need the spare since the only things that break are the things that I’m not prepared to fix. 😂

$50 seems like a ridiculous amount of money for a socket “key” let alone $107 but what are you gonna do? However if you need it you need it and getting upset won’t help you get it. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~