Originally Posted by CoalCracker
Originally Posted by BamBam
Originally Posted by Captain
You can throw it in your truck loaded if you have a permit, just like any other handgun. You won’t be doing that legally in Pennsylvania with a long gun.

This is exactly why I have pistol registered firearms, as long as you have a pistol brace on you can have it in your vehicle loaded. You can run a 20 inch upper if you would like.

This is exactly why I like to check in and ask questions on this forum from time to time. I hadn't considered that approach. So, as long as it's registered as a pistol, I can use an upper of just about any length but not vice versa, correct?

If I go with a pistol, would it be worth the money and hassle to get a suppressor? I just took a quick look around the Internet, and quality suppressors are selling for about as much as mid-priced ARs, not including the cost of the tax stamp.

I have a Sig MPX with a 6.5 inch barrel, 9mm that I run suppressed, it’s a pistol so I can carry it in my vehicle loaded. I also have a Sig rattler in 300 blackout with a 5.5 inch barrel that I run suppressed, it is also a pistol. And I have a few AR, pistol lowers, I Can run any upper length I want with them, i usually stick with 10.5 to 11.5. Suppressed, Still loud as hell though :-) 300 blackout and 9 mm with sub sonic ammo no hearing protection needed. I have one S BR in 5.56 which I would never do again.