I would agree with szihn.. My wife and I have killed well over 200 antelope between us probably closer to 250.. I can only remember a couple does shot about 400 yards.. Most less than 200..She killed one or two about 300 yards but that was when she was older and had a tough time getting around.. We have shot them or seen them shot with everything from 22 L>R> to the .375 H & H and .45-70.. Plus I have also shot about a dozen with pistols.. Revolvers.. Quite a few with the /30-30, 32 spl.. and .25-35.. If I had to kill one in one day I would probably take one of my 7 mags.. But I have never had to do that.. The best shot I have ever seen was buy a friend who killed a nice 15" buck about 350 yards .. He shot over the hood of a pickup up and the wind was screaming.. Not a gentle 25-30 mph, just ripping.. He use a .300 with a 165 gr. boatail loaded to the max.. He was one of the best shots I have ever hunted with.. He had a broad side shot and held slight back of the center of the antelope and made a good chest shot... We prefer heavier bullets in the .25's and on up.. But have also shot dozens with .22 caliber centerfires... But we can hunt antelope less than a mile from town and the season is 6 weeks. long..

Molon Labe