Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Today was a long, yard work day, and as I did my chores I began noticing how many birds and how many different types of birds I could see, that were coming and going in my trees, on my lawn, at my bird feeders and at my bird baths.
At lunch time I began a list of the birds I saw today from and in my yard.

#1: Hungarian Partridge
#2: Robins
#3: Mourning Doves
#4: Eurasian Doves
#5: Magpies
#6: Buzzards (Black Vultures - feeding on a dead carcass in the adjoining alfalfa field)
#7: Chickadees
#8: Wren
#9: Goldfinch
#10: Goshawk
#11: Mallard Duck pair (I feed these by hand)
#12: Blackbirds
#13: Redwing Blackbirds
#14: Bald Eagle
#15: Nighthawk
#16: Flycatchers
#17: Barn Swallows
#18: Bank Swallow
#19: Mountain Bluebirds
#20: Ravens
#21: Meadowlark (Montana State Bird)
#22: Yellow-headed Blackbird
#23: Starlings
#24: Unknown variety of Sparrow (they all look alike and my bird book didn't help distinguishing)
#25: Osprey
#26: Sandhill Cranes (these woke me up this morning with their squawking as they feed in the adjacent field!)
#27: Canada Geese (flying over my place)

In addition to the now vicious Goshawks nesting in one of our trees, on the other side of my property, is a tree where this year a lone Great Gray Owl sleeps during the day - I hear him (her?) often at night but haven't seen it today so far - often the Blackbirds roust it from its roost high in its tree and chase it away.
Haven't seen any of the various Falcons so far today - they often fly by my place but don't nest in any of my  trees.
I also often see Golden Eagles slope soaring around my yard but have not seen one this week.
I enjoy "watching birds".
I only rarely see Hummingbirds in our flowers - and none have been seen so far this year.
The Kestrels (Sparrow Hawks) have not arrived here as yet but when they do, often three or four will be seen between my house and my mail box (0.7 miles).
Anyone else have a large variety of birds in, around and over your yard this time of year?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Very cool. If you had pheasant you may have it all.