Theeck: No need for jealousy - if ever in the neighborhood stop on in and enjoy the birds and wildlife.
Just read on "Lucianne" an article where the formerly great state, now known as kalifornicationkopia, has the most "species" of birds of any state (just over 700 IIRC).
I do remember reading that the Centennial Valley (high valley 6,500'+ - next valley south of me) of Montana alone has 232 (two hundred and thirty two) species of birds that come there every year.
Watched part of the comedy movie starring Jack Black and Steve Martin called "A Big Year" which was all about a group of energetic and jealous "bird watchers" travelling the world and trying to outdo each other in their "lifetime lists" totals and in one year "list" totals. It does have funny parts but I fell asleep near the end - saw it a long time ago as well.
Maybe "I" will start a "lifetime list" of birds I have seen?
I do have two of the rarest North American birds already sighted on my informal list - #1 = Gyrfalcon (near Box Elder, Wyoming) and #2 = Whooping Crane (near Angela, Montana).
Yeah I think I'll do that and keep it right next to my bucket list.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy