Originally Posted by Clarkm
I had a flock of crows chase a bald eagle up from the beach. They all landed in my backyard, perched in a tall Douglas Fir and still fighting.

I took a wang at one of the crows and they all flew away.

Eagle and Crow story.

Juneau AK, 2008, near the harbor at Auke Bay. Crows there like to clean the nets and pick crap off the fishing boats. Smart ones will pick mussels and fly over the parking lot or road and drop them, wait for a vehicle to crack them open.

We were sitting in the offices one day, heard a bunch of riled up crow noise. Wondered what could be up. Went down to coworker's office to look out his window, as that's where most of the noise was coming from. Look out, there on a branch in the tree is a baldy, talons wrapped around a crow, plucking and eating away while the rest of the crows were yelling at it. We guessed he caught one down near the docks with it's head down, not paying attention. Tables turned on the crows that day.

There was a nest across the road and the eagles would coast down over the harbor, low and slow, watching the gulls and other birds to see if they didn't fly off. If one stayed on the dock or jetty a bit too long, it got buzzed to see if it was really sick or slow.

Not much new to report here, RW Blackbird arrived at our feeder the other day. Meadowlarks are back in force, there were a few down the road most of the winter nearer the alfalfa patch. Haven't seen the golden eagles we usually see in February on the road to town though.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?