Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by mrchongo
Other than the FTX “gummies,” I wouldn’t EVER load a pointed bullet for a .30-30. I couldn’t live with myself if somebody got hold of them, loaded them in a tubular magazine and had an accident. Wouldn’t be able to sleep at night waiting for the phone call from the shooter’s lawyer.

Sweet Jesus. I bet the white guilt is eating you up.

Heck, I hear people saying they just load 2 rounds, one in the chamber and one in the Mag. But then again, if in the moment you got confused it might not be good.

If you feel the need for pointy bullets in a lever gun the Flex Tips are the way to go. I've been using them since they came out. Although, I don't know why. I have never shot at anything beyond about 250-300 yards with my 94. Come to think of it, I can probably count on both hands the shots I've taken at game beyond 300 yards with any of my rifles. If I hunted out West it would be different but here in Texas most shots I've been presented with have been inside 150 yards. I like it like that.

Most shots that have presented themselves to me beyond 300 yards have been in pipe line senderos but most of those I've hunted are pretty narrow and usually by the time I see an animal in the sendero at that distance he's almost to the other side and I don't have a good shot. The exception is close to my feeder when they're interested in something besides getting to the other side and I usually set my feeder up within 100 yards of my blind.

Last edited by Filaman; 07/13/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!