Jim;
Good evening to you sir, I hope this finds you well other than the upcoming wait for your pressure canner and in all remaining aspects your fine family is well.

You mentioned canning beef and while we've only canned venison, I would suspect it is for the most part similar.

We like to brown the venison prior to canning it as we prefer the flavor.

We learned the usual way - that is to say by not doing it correctly sir - that one is better to add more salt afterward than too much prior.....

Though it's a matter of taste and I suspect the amount of vampire incidents local to you folks, we like to add a toe or two of Russian garlic into the jar of canned meat. Again it's to personal tastes, but we've all been left alone by the vampires as well which is a positive side benefit.

The resulting canned fare is an instant stew ingredient for sure and certain, but we prefer it on a cracker with some salsa, antipasto or sweet chili sauce.

Anyways sir, sorry to delay the next item up for discussion - please do continue.

All the best to you and yours this summer sir, I hope you get enough rain and at the right times.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"