Originally Posted by Cold Zero
I am limited to one bag of specific dimensions weighing no more than 45 lbs, so 2 tents is not possible.

The tent I am looking at now is 4 lbs. 4 ozs. Marmot, Ultralight Tungsten 3P, I beleive it is 3 season and 2 poles.
I beleive there is no foot print for this one, but there is for the 1P, 2P and 4P. Anyone know if there is a footprint made for this, I dont see it on their web site.

https://www.marmot.com/tungsten-ultralight-3-person-tent-37820.html?dwvar_37820_color=4207&dwvar_37820_size=0000ONE&cgid=#globalsearch=tungsten%2Bultrlight%2B3%2Bperson%2Btent%2Bfootprint&lang=en_US&q=tungsten%2Bultrlight%2B3%2Bperson%2Btent%2Bfootprint&start=1

#1. Don't expect a 3-season tent to perform well in high winds. Not going to happen.
#2. You don't need to carry the extra weight of a footprint. They are just an up-sell that you can live without.

Marmot makes good gear that you can count on to perform well in extreme conditiions. Take a look at this Marmot Fortress tent.
Marmot Fortress
It weighs 5# 9oz., and has good reviews but I haven't personall y used it. Only two poles???? Is it really a 4-season tent???

Whatever tent you decide to buy, remember that you should try to set it up someplace where it's protected from the wind if you can find a place like that. Also remember to use all of the velcro that attaches the rain fly to the poles and use all of the tie-downs.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.